How I spend Valentines Day.
Fuck you winter!! I’m tired of your stupid dust falling outta the sky!
Amy Rene Hargrove in a 2012 King County petition for a protection order against her violent ex-boyfriend. He strangled her to death in her mother’s house on Monday. She was 28 years old and leaves behind four children.
Prior to murdering her, this man, who isn’t named because he hasn’t been arrested yet(!), had beaten Amy, fractured her eye socket, raped her at gunpoint, emptied her bank account, injured her cats, led the police on a high speed car chase with her children inside the car, and, of course, violated his restraining order numerous times.
I hope he burns in hell alongside everyone who could have helped her, but didn’t.
Not gonna lie, there was a point that the prosecution ‘helping’ me with my case told me that none of the court proceedings/restraining orders weren’t actually going to ‘help’ me…it was to help make the trial easier when I was murdered.
Let that sink in.
I got to a point where I decided that even if ‘fighting’ didn’t save my own life, hopefully it would make a paper trail that some other person wouldn’t have to jump through as many hoops to ‘prove’ creepy/obsessive/passive aggressive behavior. 1% of this fight is for ‘me’…the other 99%…it’s a fight to hopefully help people in the future if need be.
'Safety' became my full time job a few years ago, not because I wanted it to be that way, but because I was told if I didn't do it on my own nobody was gonna do it for/with me.
I always joke that I can just throw the piece of paper at that person when they finally decided to pull some endgame type shit, because in reality that piece of paper doesn’t curtail all that much if the defendant doesn’t give a fuck about it in the first place.
I am partial to Flower Shop, Maui Mist, Cranberry Mango, & Eucalyptus, Hemingway. (And since it’s been asked a zillion times, Hemingway is a ‘manly’ scent. Not like Axe body spray gross tacky ‘manly’, but subtle & warm.You can either order directly from my Scentsy site- www.gingersellsthat.scentsy.us or message me here on Tumblr or email me at email@example.com if you need any help/have any questions.
Y’all should be ordering some amazing stuff from my friend Ginger here. And tell her I sent ya.